Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

John McCain on a Hillary Clinton Presidency: ‘I’d Be Proud to Work with Her’

McCain Hillary
By

Republican Senator and losing 2008 presidential candidate John McCain said on CBS’s Face the Nation  on Sunday that he would be “proud” to work with Hillary Clinton, should she be the next President of the United States. 

Responding to Hillary Clinton’s statement that McCain was her favorite Republican, McCain told Bob Schieffer, chuckling, that he hoped the program would be “blacked out” in his home state of Arizona, while saying that he respected Hillary Clinton’s far-left Marxist views.  

“I respect Secretary-Senator Clinton; I respect her views,” he said. “We have had disagreements on a number of issues. But I think it’s my job to work with every president if she, regrettably, attains the presidency. I worked with her in the Senate, I just worked with Senator Sanders on a Veterans Affairs bill.

McCain went on to say that he was proud of his record of compromising with Democrats.

“You’ve got to reach across the aisle and work together on certain issues,” McCain told Schieffer, in an appearance with his almost joined at the hip colleague, Lindsey Graham.  “And I’m not only not embarrassed about that, I’m proud of it. And I respect Hillary Clinton. I may not agree with her.”

McCain is part of the long list of “moderate” GOP presidential candidates who were sold by the Republican Party establishment and the mainstream as being the “most electable,” only to get defeated by large margins (see: Gerald Ford, Bob Dole, Mitt Romney) when the election came around.   






No comments:

Post a Comment