Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Allen West “I don’t look to a man to get pride in myself”

Allen West “I don’t look to a man to get pride in myself”

by allenwestrepublic
aw
"I am a black male who grew up in the inner city of Atlanta and no one ever followed me in a mall. I don't recall any doors clicking when I crossed the street. And I never had anyone clutching their handbag when I got on an elevator. I guess having two awesome parents who taught me to be a respectful young man paid dividends." - Allen West

quote-for-far-too-long-we-ve-allowed-the-other-side-to-paint-us-as-racist-as-sexist-inhumane-war-allen-west-196018
"I don't look to a man to get pride in myself. It's not about having a black president, it's about having a good president, and I think that's the most important thing." - Allen West


AW20
“A person like myself, born and raised in the inner city of Atlanta, Georgia, to lower-middle-class parents. But I had the opportunity to get an education, to go and earn a commission in the United States Army, to serve for 22 years, to lead men and women in combat.” - Allen West

No comments:

Post a Comment