North Korea Dictator Kim Jong Un is feeling the pressure from U.S. President Donald Trump, especially his most recent orders calling for new sanctions and “maximum pressure and engagement.”
And now Kim Jong Un is scared – and desperate.
North Korea’s Foreign Ministry says the country will speed up measures to bolster its nuclear program “at the maximum pace” in response to the new U.S. policy.
A statement from the Foreign Ministry spokesman on Monday that was circulated by North Korea’s U.N. Mission says the government is ready to respond to any option taken by the United States.
It says that during recent U.S.-South Korean military drills, “U.S. aggression hysteria” reached its highest point and the situation on the Korean peninsula inched closer “to the brink of nuclear war.”
It says that unless Washington ends its “hostile policy” and nuclear threats, North Korea “will continue to bolster its military capabilities for self-defense and pre-emptive nuclear attack” despite “manifold difficulties.”
Lieutenant general H.R. McMaster referred to Kim Jong Un’s warning of a nuclear attack as a “grave threat” to America.
The Horn News reported on the fragility of North Korea last week, due to suspected international communities cooperating with Trump to bring down Kim Jong Un.
“An acute shortage of gasoline in the North Korean capital of Pyongyang that has sparked price hikes and hoarding is raising fears of potentially crippling pain at the pumps if things don’t get better soon — and driving rumors that China, after being pushed by Trump, is to blame.”
North Korea is well aware that Trump is ready to take them down – and Kim Jong Un is clearly rattled with fear.
The Associated Press contributed to this article.