Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Rep. Peter King Threatens Suicide Over A Cruz Nomination

Image result for funny pictures rep peter king



oped: *eye roll* while I have always thought Rep Peter King was the drama queen from Queens NY..this is over the top...yes indeed he is the proverbial uncle whom is dreaded during Holiday family dinners...hey Peter Pan just retire already you are the proverbial dinosaur along with all of your good ol' boy compadres in Congress! #GrumpyOldMen
Image result for funny pictures rep peter king
Ted Cruz has repeatedly caught criticism from detractors who claim that simply nobody in Washington likes him.
While this is not exactly true — Cruz has far more congressional endorsements from Tea Party conservatives than both Kasich and Trump combined — it is true that the Texas senator is vehemently hated by liberals and moderate Republicans.
Appearing Tuesday on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, one such moderate Republican, Rep. Peter King of New York, declared that he would take cyanide if Cruz were to win the GOP presidential nomination.

“Well, first of all in case anybody gets confused, I am not endorsing Ted Cruz, I hate Ted Cruz, and I think I’ll take cyanide if he ever got the nomination,” King told the Morning Joe panel.
King is not the first member of the establishment to make such a strong statement against Cruz. In February, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., joked that you could get away with shooting Cruz on the floor of the Senate and no one would care.
Some might consider it odd that in a year of outsider candidates, with particular disgust against the Washington establishment, more people would not view these sorts of attacks as a badge of honor for Cruz.

After King threatened suicide, he went on to clarify that he is not endorsing Trump either, although he expects Trump to have a big win.
“Having said that, I think you’re going to see Donald Trump scoring a big victory tonight. I’ve not endorsed Donald Trump, in fact I actually voted by absentee ballot for John Kasich. I’m not endorsing John, but I voted for him to really send a message,” King said.
He continued, “But I think Trump is going to win big. I know in Long Island, you go through every part of Long Island I’ve been to, people com up to you, they’re talking about Donald Trump.”
According to Real Clear Politics averages, Trump was expected to clear 50 percent of the New York vote and led his competitors by 30.3 points.

h/t: YoungConservatives

No comments:

Post a Comment