Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Tribute to Annette Funicello...who passed away today

M~I~C~K~E~Y  M~O~U~S~E see ya real soon...:)
Although life was not perfect at the time, I do remember that maturity, responsibility and idealism were more present in the mix of experiences. It's interesting to observe, as an older person now, the gradual but steady decline in public decorum. Only those of us who have lived through this change can truly understand.  Perhaps our new era has its merits, but something has been lost as well. Thank you, technologists everywhere, for making YouTube possible. That's a compensation of today!

I'll share a funny story about my first crush on a older woman...being that Annette was 2 years older than I...well I had the biggest crush on her...at the ripe old age of sixteen I so wanted a date with her...well to make a long story short my older brother Scott who was quite the ladies man said he could fix me up...
He got her phone number and called her...told her about my crush on her asked if she would go out with his lil bro...she said yes...[So he told me]I was so amazed and in awe of my older brother
Well I arrived on the planned arranged date...Annette saw me and said are you Wally...I smiled and said yup...well then she proceed to hand me a bucket of soapy water and a sponge and pointed at her 57 T-Bird
The moral of the story is never trust a older bro or woman for that matter...then again I did laugh like hell and admit I was taken...God I so miss the old yet innocent days when a sense of humor got ya thru life!
My bro Scott passed away 1/26/2013 at the age of 70 and Annette passed away also at the age of 70...hope they meet up in Heaven...and enjoy sharing old war stories and looking out for all of us left behind:)

http://youtu.be/hemEGjrzcnE




No comments:

Post a Comment