Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

See Cruz lecture Feinstein on Constitution

http://youtu.be/JONLrASmqKs



via:WND Radio
The Senate Judiciary Committee approved a ban on the sale and manufacture of more than 150 types of semi-automatic weapons with military-style features Thursday.
The vote comes after the Senate Judiciary Committee advanced bills earlier in the week to enact near-universal background checks and combat gun trafficking.

The bill was approved by the committee on a party-line, 10-8 vote, which came after a heated exchange between Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas.
Feinstein became furious at one point with Cruz for “lecturing” her on the Second Amendment and the use of certain language in the Constitution.
“I’m not a sixth-grader,” she told the freshman tea-party favorite. “I’m not a lawyer, but after 20 years, I’ve been up close and personal to the Constitution. I have great respect for it. It’s fine you want to lecture me on the Constitution. I appreciate it. Just know I’ve been here for a long time. I’ve passed on a number of bills. I’ve studied the Constitution myself. I am reasonably well-educated, and I thank you for the lecture.”
The measure approved Thursday is the most controversial drafted since the deadly school shooting in Newtown, Conn.
The legislation is vulnerable in the full Senate, where Democrats are expected to need 60 votes for passage through the 100-member chamber.

No comments:

Post a Comment