This is not ground-breaking news for those who have been following the story of the rise of the Islamic State in the Middle East. However, following a visit to Syria and secret meeting with Bashar al-Assad, one congresswoman is claiming she has proof that the Obama administration funded the Islamic State.
In an interview on CNN following a secret "fact finding" trip to Syria, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) said that Syrian President Bashar Assad should be left in power and communicated that there were no moderate rebels in Syria.
"I don't think Assad should be removed," Gabbard said. "If Assad is removed and overthrown, ISIS, al Qaeda, Al Nustra, these Islamic extremist groups will walk straight in and take over all of Syria ... they will be even stronger."
"Whatever you think about President Assad, the fact is that he is the president of Syria," she added. "In order for any peace agreement, in order for any possibility of a viable peace agreement to occur, there has to be a conversation with him. The Syrian people will determine his outcome and what happens with their government and their future."
Gabbard, an Iraq-war veteran, said she sees the U.S. repeating "the same mistakes of the past," no matter what "experts" say about Assad being a brutal dictator who is killing his own people.
"I serve the American people. I serve the people of Hawaii," Gabbard said. "I'm a veteran, and I hear from so many of my fellow soldiers and those who I've served with how concerned they are that we repeat these same mistakes of the past."
"People said the very same thing about Saddam (Hussein), the very same thing about (Moammar) Gadhafi, the results of those two failed efforts of regime change and the following nation-building have been absolute, not only have they been failures, but they've actually worked to strengthen our enemy," Gabbard said.
"Every place that I went, every person that I spoke to, I asked this question to them [about arming moderate rebels], and without hesitation they said, 'There are no moderate rebels,' 'Who are these moderate rebels that people keep speaking of?'" Gabbard recalled. "Regardless of the name of these groups, the strongest fighting force on the ground in Syria is al-Nusra or Al Qaeda and ISIS. That is a fact. There are a number of different other groups, all of them are fighting alongside, with or under the command of the strongest group on the ground that is trying to overthrow Assad."
CNN reported, "Republicans, including Sens. John McCain, R-Arizona, and Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina, have also criticized the Obama administration for supporting, training and equipping Syrian fighters against ISIS, but not allowing them to use those resources to fight Assad, which is what the rebels want."
Yet, it was men like McCain and Graham that backed funding, training and arming the alleged "rebels" in Syria, knowing all along they were funding those who would become the Islamic State. McCain even said so, and then ISIS not only praised him, but used a photo of him with the Muslim jihadists to promote his treason.
If you recall, Press TV Serena Shim was apparently murdered for exposing the Turkish government's assistance of ISIS. Among other things she reported on concerning what was going on in Syria, these things were ultimately determined to be true as well.
- Hillary Clinton's emails prove the US State Dept and White House knew Saudi Arabia and Qatar are funding Islamic State
- The United States wanted the Islamic State to grow, as proved by leaked intelligence documents
- Over 50,000 foreign jihadists, mostly came through Turkey
- Al-Qaeda controlling border crossings from the beginning of the war
- The Moderate Free Syrian Army is a myth, and most fighters belong to Al Qaeda-like groups that commit war crimes
- FSA Weapons were given/taken by ISIS, Nusra, Al Qaeda
- Free Syrian Army works with Al Nusra, Islamic State
- Weapons via Turkey
- Turkey helped Islamic State and Al Qaeda terrorists safe travel across border, transportation, intelligence, and other logistics
- Medical care for terrorists in Turkey, Israel
- https://youtu.be/x0GrcQ9kXbIOn Thursday, Gabbard introduced legislation with a Republican in House to block the US from waging war to out Assad.Finally! Here's some common sense, and that from a Democrat! Good for Rep. Gabbard on this issue.