oped: I totally believe the accusations...being that I worked for LAPD VanNuys Divison 1971-1974 I remember one of my Sgts discussing this case...it was hushed up at the higher levels of management... speculation being a cover up on pressure from the entertainment moguls! And I can honestly say after dealing with the bookings of numerous celebrities during this period of time from DUI,Drugs,perversion,disturbing the peace on and on...oh the stories I could tell...maybe another time I will!
- Paige Young was the November 1968 Playmate of the Month and the magazine's centerfold
- Bill Cosby was obsessed with Young who had caught his eye during his many visits to the glitzy Playboy Club
- She was 30 when she took a .38 caliber pistol and shot herself in the head
- In a scene reminiscent of a 1970s B-movie,Young's friend and former model Melanie Myers found Paige's lifeless body lying on a blood soaked American flag on her double bed
- ‘The cops had Paige’s suicide note and read some of it to me,’ Myers recalls
- ‘The whole thing was about her anger towards the men who she believed had chewed her up and spat her out'
Passed around by dozens of Hollywood leading men over a decade former Playboy model Paige Young had become damaged goods.
When she turned 30 in 1974 her star had faded and she felt used, abused and unwanted by the Hollywood establishment.
And in an astonishing tale of tragedy a MailOnline investigation can today reveal the truth behind this American beauty’s demise.
Anguish: Paige Young – Playboy Playmate of the Month in November 1968 – shot herself in the head in a bid she thought would send a powerful message to the men who had tormented her for so long. She signed this photo for her dear friend, DJ Jonny King
Besties: Bill Cosby and Hugh Hefner are longtime friends. Cosby was obsessed with Young who had caught his eye during his many visits to the glitzy Playboy Club where she worked on Hollywood’s Sunset strip
‘Paige always seemed in a stupor, a daze, like he was controlling her. All I remember is that their relationship wasn’t healthy,' says Tamara Green, herself a victim of Cosby's