Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Progressive Heads Will Explode When They Read This

Rush-Revere-Book-Cover
By

Last year, Rush Limbaugh released his first children’s book entitled “Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims: Time-Travel Adventures with Exceptional Americans.” An instant best seller, the book was a phenomenal hit. It followed the travels through time of Rush Revere and his talking horse, Liberty, and teaches children American history.

When the Children’s Book Council nominated Rush for Author of the Year, the left was livid. There was even a campaign in an attempt to have Rush’s name removed from contention. The Children’s Book Council refused to bow down to pressure from leftist bullies. The group issued a letter stating that “ finalists are determined solely based on titles’ performances on the bestseller lists – all titles in those categories are listed as a result of this protocol.” They continued saying, “This program has never been about CBC or ECAR endorsing finalists. It has always been about CBC and ECAR endorsing young readers and giving them a choice and a voice on a national scale.”
Well, the children and teens have spoken. Rush Limbaugh was named the Author of the Year by the Children’s Book Council for his book that follows the journeys of Rush Revere and Liberty.

During his acceptance speech at the awards ceremony, Rush was the epitome of dignity, class, and humility. Noting that the late author Vince Flynn, a good friend of his, encouraged him to write, Rush said that he found his passion for writing a children’s history book due to his wife Katherine.
His love of America and desire to help kids learn the true history of this republic, not the revisionism that is far too frequently taught in our schools, is a breath of fresh air for many parents giving them a resource to turn to with their children.
Congratulations, Rush, on this outstanding award. 

"This is unexpected, but it’s a thrill. On behalf of Rush Revere and his talking horse, Liberty, time traveling, I want to thank all the children who voted and who’ve read the books and I have to tell you how they came about. 
The late Vince Flynn, noted thriller author, had been after me to write another book. I had written two previously, way back in the early ‘90s.
And it was one of those things, I said, “Vince, I’ve done that. I’m not really excited about doing it.” He kept pushing me and kept pushing me to do it. Finally, my wife Katherine said, “You know, you really care about history. You care about people learning American history, about kids learning American history. Why don’t you write some kids books? Why don’t you try that?”  

Now that lit my fire because I had never done that before. That was a new challenge. That was something to try and it was invigorating and it was something about which I am very, very passionate.
I love America. I wish everybody did. I hope everybody will. It’s one of the most fascinating stories of human history. This country and what it has meant to the world and what it means to citizens who live here. And it’s a delight and it’s an opportunity to try to share that story with young people so that they can grow and learn to love and appreciate the country in which they’re growing up and will some day run, and lead, and inherit.  

So, I want to thank everybody that’s made this possible. It genuinely is a thrill. This is a tremendous event. I’m so honored by this. I’m honored to be here among all of you and all of the other nominees for this and the other categories. It’s just a wonderful evening and I thank everybody who had anything to do, particularly the kids who voted in every category. It is a great project that you have going on here, children’s literacy and to expand it. And the organization and the work that you’re doing is just profound and I’m honored and humbled to be a small little part of it.
Thank you all very much. This is tremendous. "

Progressive heads must be spinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment