Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Bully's in schools...who to blame what to do?




I will address this issue from the perspective of a parent and grandparent...not as a school board member,school staff,psychologist or a politician making this a agenda for political gain!

First and foremost as a parent one can not always be with your child... so how do you protect them while they are under the care of the school...stay engaged with the school take the time to make a personal visit to the school if your child makes you aware that they are being bullied...for the most part a caring parent can tell when their child is under duress...so engage your child if you notice a change in personality...depression etc!

I myself was bullied in elementary school...what did I do?...Well I told my Dad and he gave me self defense training...the next time the bully attacked me he received a surprise...I whooped his arse in front of his peers...needless to say he never bullied me again...

As a parent I taught my daughter if she had a problem in school with bullies always try to talk your way out,then walk your way out if that fails fight your way out...Note: I also gave her self defense training..
Well she was attacked in the hallway in Middle School by a bully who did not like the fact that she was cute,smart and a athelete...she was attacked from behind which is what most bullies prefer...needless to say she spun around and whooped her arse in front of her peers..and was never bullied again!
Now her daughter my grandaughter was given the same advice growing up ~training included...she was verbally bullied by a group of girls for the same reason her Mom was...cute,smart,popular and a athelete...she just brushed off the verbal and laughed at them...after several months...the bullies could not restrain themselves and attacked her in the hallway of High School..

Well they were in for the surprise of their lives the cute girly girl they thought would fall to their attack took them all out...the leader had to go to ER for for a missing chunk of hair multiple bruises and abrasions...The school called the Sheriffs office and wanted my grandaughter taken into custody, the Sheriffs Department said no way it was self defense(per many witnesses statements) she was attacked...the school responded by not only suspending the bullies but my grandaughter as well for one day *Zero Tolerance* <~ this needs to be revoked...why punish someone for defending themselves?

The best part came when the Sheriff Department hired my grandaughter as a student intern for the remainder of her senior year till graduation...and paid her $15.00 per hour...she was a happy camper to say the least...and the bullies never bullied her again!

Now some will probably disagree with my method of raising my kids to defend themselves rather than be abused ...however my girls are doing just fine in their adulthood...no scars,no depression and prosper in the in the work force...y'all do it your way I did it my way!



No comments:

Post a Comment