Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Video: 50 State Open Carry Demonstration Feb. 8th

http://youtu.be/BhXykhSeQ_8




By  

SOURCE: http://bobpowell.blogspot.com/2013/01/open-carry-demonstration-at-all-50.html
On February 8th, 2013, in accordance with state law and the 2nd Amendment, there will be peaceful Open Carry demonstrations taking place on the Capitol steps of all 50 states. In Michigan, a team of volunteers is organizing the event; and this writer will be speaking in support of the Constitution, exercising my 1st Amendment right to free speech in defense of the 2nd Amendment.

In this episode of The Truth Is Viral, I take you through the streets of Alpena, Michigan as I go door-to-door to businesses in the downtown area, openly carrying a sidearm in accordance with Michigan law.
Rather than just surprise local law enforcement with my sudden appearance as some reporters have done, I decided to speak with the Michigan State Patrol, the Alpena County Sheriff’s Office, and the City of Alpena Police Department, letting them know of my intentions beforehand.
As a result of my conversations with local LEOs, I was not only told that it was my right to walk around town openly carrying a firearm, but I was encouraged to do so. I was even offered tips on where I could place my flyers and was informed that I needed a permit to solicit from the city. The Alpena City Police Department especially went out of their way to make my little one-man protest a success in accordance with Federal, State, and Local laws. Please share this video everywhere you can. I can’t do this by myself.
Semper Fi,
Bobby
Michigan flyers can be found here: http://ttiv.forumotion.com/t162-peaceful-demonstration-at-every-state-capital-for-our-2nd-amendment-rights

No comments:

Post a Comment