Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Obama’s Brother To Make Debut In Anti-Obama Documentary

By  
Barack Obama’s half-brother, George Obama, is about to make his film debut, and in a feature-length documentary that is critical of the president, no less.
In the movie, 2016: Obama’s America, based on Dinesh D’Souza’s best-selling book The Roots of Obama’s Rage, D’Souza refers to a news report four years ago about George Obama living in a hut in Nairobi, Kenya, “like something out of Slumdog Millionaire.” He’s intrigued, so he tracks him down.
In the film clip embedded above, D’Souza and George Obama are seen chatting on what appears to be a park bench, and D’Souza seems most curious to know why the half-brother of the most powerful man on the planet lives in poverty and without any financial help from President Obama.
“I think he has a family of his own,” George Obama says. “I’m a member of his family, but I’m over-age, so I help myself.”
D’Souza presses him by using the Biblical admonition – one that the president has also cited — that Americans ought to be “our brother’s keeper,” and George Obama shrugs off that insinuation, as well.

1 comment:

  1. I am the youngest of seventeen or so sibling by my father side. I was raise by my single mother in the Dominican Rep in a similar or worse situation than this of Mr. Obama’s half brother. None of my siblings did ever stopped by to see how I was doing, asked or help me in any way. Now I’m doing well here in the USA, why should I go back to the Dominican Rep and find them and help them? Tell me why? Would you?

    ReplyDelete