Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

PTSD Fiction,fact or something else...?

http://youtu.be/If-UCjzRFfk



LTC Moore's full speech: http://youtu.be/A7OPPWlKV2A




Ok I'm  going to be blunt here...opinions are like A-holes everyone has one...so I'm going to give you mine...from the perspective of a veteran who was born during WWII and served during the Vn era US Army Cav 1964-1968. I  can only speak from experience during this time era ie: listening to relatives who served during WWII and Korea and my experience serving during the Vn conflict...the rest is based on history prior to WWII dating back to the Revolutionary War forward...for the most part service was voluntary and based on ones desire to serve prior to the draft and now back to voluntary again.

Here is how I see it...if a person was a nut job in civilian life prior to serving...well shit howdy they were a nut job while serving and if they survived they continued to be a nut job after leaving military service... via re-entering civilian life...Just a fact Jack.. NOTE*.this is a very small number within the overall population !

When we take the prior draft vs all voluntary military service into consideration well shit howdy some slip through the proverbial cracks...this also applies to those who serve in Law enforcement in civilian life...a very small percentage of nut cases slip through the cracks visa background checks  as well as psychological examination/testing...and yes I served in local as well as federal LE after serving in the military so I can attest to this via observation!

Now when we debate the so called PTSD syndrome being pushed today as being so prevalent...I say this, I can get behind those who suffered loss of limbs and or traumatic brain damage as being truly suffering from PTSD...however most of these are suicidal... not nut cases who go out and rape,pillage and kill...are you following my drift here? I sure hope so because I also see many are using the PTSD syndrome for welfare benefits...having no loss of limb or traumatic brain injury to justify their medical complaint they were lazy before service,lazy during service and want to continue to be lazy after service...I'm sorry but many millions served in combat and experienced/ witnessed horrific events yet came home and continued their lives as normal productive human beings...the mind is a RESILIENT organ quite capable of adjusting and separating past events and returning to a normal state of mind in a short period of time.  I am by no means a psychiatrist or trained in psychology albeit I did take psychology 101 in college what a easy class and waste of time that was! I can only base my opinion on real time life experience of what I saw and how my friends ,family and associates turned out after serving!

I only have one suggestion for military/law enforcement recruiters /screeners... maybe come up with a better psychological examination for prospective recruits in the future... there is no guarantee, however, maybe it would reduce a few more to the already small number who slip through the proverbial cracks !

Thats my story and humble opinion and I'm sticking to it...have a nice day and life!


No comments:

Post a Comment