Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

SPN’s Stephen A. Smith Won’t Back Down Despite Vicious Attacks; Stands By Mark Cuban

Stephen-A-Smith
By

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban made some remarks about prejudice that have some people all riled up. During an interview with Inc. magazine, Cuban was quite candid about his reaction upon encountering certain people on the street and the inherent tendency for everyone to have some sort of prejudice.

“I mean, we’re all prejudiced in one way or another. If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it’s late at night, I’m walking to the other side of the street. And if on that side of the street, there’s a guy that has tattoos all over his face, white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere, I’m walking back to the other side of the street. And the list goes on of stereotypes that we all live up to and are fearful of. So in my businesses, I try not to be hypocritical. I know that I’m not perfect. I know that I live in a glass house, and it’s not appropriate for me to throw stones.”


What Cuban said is not very different from similar remarks made by Jesse Jackson years ago. But, people were outraged and angry focusing only on the reference to a black kid in a hoodie, an example that prompted Cuban to apologize to Trayvon Martin’s family, and ignored the example of encountering a stereotypical white skinhead on the street.

ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith came to Cuban’s defense and ended up being the target of bigoted, hate-filled attacks by people who accused him of not being a ‘real black person’, of being an Uncle Tom, and worse. In response to these haters, Smith had some strong words, standing by his defense of Cuban and saying he stands by his words.

But when I say I don’t give a damn, I can’t even emphasize, that does it no justice. I don’t care who in the black community disagrees with me. I’m not interested in their disagreement on this particular issue because they are not looking at the bigger picture.”

What Smith says is really something that everyone should hear for themselves. Listen to his passion in standing up to those bigoted haters who attacked him after selectively cherry-picking from the statement by Cuban to justify their outrage and hate.

WATCH Steven A. Smith take on the hypocrites attacking him for his defense of Mark Cuban. 

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKXKccyb2e8  






No comments:

Post a Comment