oped: Just shakes my head..wth is going on at FoxNews? I was watching The Five on Tuesday and heard this comment...I took it as Jesse said he meant it...whoever claimed it was a sexual innuendo has their proverbial mind in the gutter not Jesse! or they exaggerated it to attack another conservative... either way Fox News better get their act together and stop acting like CNN MSNBC light...lest there ratings will bottom out!
Fox News commentator Jesse Watters, who in April became a full-time host on The Five following the departure of longtime network pundit Bill O’Reilly, announced Wednesday evening that he would be going on vacation until next Monday.
“I’m going to be taking a vacation with my family, so I’m not going to be here tomorrow,” he said on Wednesday’s edition of The Five, only a day after backlash began brewing over remarks he made Tuesday evening about President Donald Trump’s daughter, Ivanka Trump. “I’ll be back on Monday, so don’t miss me too much,” he added.
On Tuesday’s show Watters criticized leftists for having booed Ivanka while she spoke earlier in the day at a women’s rights panel in Germany.
“It’s funny — the left says they really respect women and then when given an opportunity to respect a woman like that they boo and hiss, so I don’t really get what’s going on here, but I really liked how she was speaking into that microphone,” he said.
Critics immediately pounced on Watters, claiming his remark was a sexual innuendo, though he later refuted these allegations via Twitter, stating unequivocally that he had been “referring to Ivanka’s voice and how it resonates like a smooth jazz radio DJ.”
On air I was referring to Ivanka's voice and how it resonates like a smooth jazz radio DJ. This was in no way a joke about anything else.— Jesse Watters (@jessebwatters) April 26, 2017
Hours later he announced his sudden vacation, leading many critics to wonder whether the same fate as O’Reilly lies in store for him.
Shortly after word broke in early April that Fox News and O’Reilly had paid out around $13 million in settlements to five women who accused the longtime host of sexually harassing them, the then-host of The O’Reilly Factor suddenly announced a two-week vacation.
Many wondered at the time whether the “vacation” would be permanent, and their suspicions were proven correct.
“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to Fox News Channel,” FNC announced in a statement published April 19.
Due to the massive scheduling changes that followed O’Reilly departure, Watters earned a spot on The Five in the seat of former host Eric Bolling, who has since been granted his own program.
What do you think? Scroll down to comment below.