Pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

German Chancellor says NO WAY to Gay Marriage



Gay Barack Obama funny pictures

By  

Can it really be that the United States has become more culturally liberal than Europe?
Maybe not all of Europe, but in Germany gay marriage is still not legal, and if you ask their leader Chancellor Angela Merkel, it shouldn’t ever be.
During a YouTube interview with popular German media figure Florian “LeFloid” Mundt, Merkel reiterated the stance that she has articulated for years -- that marriage should always be between “a man and a woman.” 
“I’m someone who is very supportive of us eliminating all discrimination. We have come a long way; when I remember, 25 years ago, many people didn’t dare to say that they are gay or lesbian. I’m someone who is very supportive of us eliminating all discrimination. We have come a long way; when I remember, 25 years ago, many people didn’t dare to say that they are gay or lesbian 

For me, personally, marriage is a man and a woman living together. That is my concept, but I support civil partnerships.
I am for registered civil partnerships. I am for our not having any discrimination in tax legislation. And wherever we still find discrimination, we will continue to dismantle it… I don’t want discrimination and [I want] equality, but I make a difference at some point."
This is not a new position for Chancellor Merkel, who, way back in 2012 said something remarkably similar.
"I personally want to preserve the privileged tax position of marriages because our constitution envisions marriage and family as being directly related and both are placed under the special protection of the institutional framework.
At the same time I think it is correct for us to have provided the same rights in some areas to registered homosexual partnerships as marriage, like in inheritance taxes or in public services law."
Here’s the video of the interview between Merkel and LeFloid – but if you can’t speak German you won’t be able to understand a word of it! 



Instead you may want to read about it at the Independent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment