Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Charlie Rangel: I Only Cared About Dead Soldiers When They 'Looked Like Me'

h
oped: Being a Vn era Veteran I find your comment sickening! I had friends of all colors and races...we were brothers...we were soldiers...you not so much Charlie...Native Americans now name you 'Walking Eagle' Too full of S*** to fly...retire already you have long overstayed your welcome in the BrotherHood of soldiers! 

by:Jeff Dunetz

"I was in combat, and I’m telling you, I saw more dead people, but I never was moved until I saw dead people that looked like me in my uniform."  

Watch Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_eByQ1FU8U 



Congressman Charlie Rangel who is quick to slander the tea party with charges of racism, was a guest on Monday's "The Ed Show" on MSNBC, where he made a statement that appeared to be startingly racist: "I was in combat, and I’m telling you, I saw more dead people, but I never was moved until I saw dead people that looked like me in my uniform."
Rangel was on the show to discuss the police who turned their backs on Mayor De Blasio during Sunday’s funeral for slain New York Police Department officer Wenjian Liu. When asked to comment, Rangel gave a rambling answer calling the cops haters, talked about the war dead he saw, and finished by complaining about what he called the "blue wall of silence."

"Schultz: Isn’t it important though to point out that not all the police officers turned their back? There's a few in the ranks that are saying you know, by respecting these officers, okay, we've got to move on, but there are some who say they don't want to move on. Your thoughts, Charlie.
Rangel: It's awkward, because no one wants to be in the position that you're not with your colleagues, right or wrong, but when the moral issue raises it beyond just being liked, and you have so much love and respect for the job, that you have assumed that you're not going to allow a handful of people who are blinded by hate to spoil the reputation. There’s a hell of a lot that’s has to do--I was in combat, and I’m telling you, I saw more dead people, but I never was moved until I saw dead people that looked like me in my uniform. And it does make a difference. So, yes, the blue wall of silence that has kept communities and minority communities apart for so long, so that even minority policemen don't want to break that silence. But it has to be done."
Rangel is quick to call others racist even when they aren't but it doesn't stop him from spewing racial divisiveness.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment