Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Shawn MAHAN for Storey County, Nevada SHERIFF

 
oped: At this point in the Sheriffs Race Sharlas Labyrinth is leaning toward endorsing Shawn for Sheriff...however I need to know where Shawn stands on the 2 nd Amendment ...our current Sheriff voted with Nevada's Sheriffs and Police Chiefs to remove Arizona CCW permits from being accepted in Nevada.
I am a retired former Federal Customs Patrol Officer who worked the Mexican border in the Yuma Arizona sector...1975-1979 then worked LAX and was promoted to Regional Intelligence Officer before taking a early retirement option 1986...I also worked for LAPD 1971-1974 after serving in the US Army 1964-1968 Cav! 
I was a Reserve Sheriffs Deputy, Storey County 1995-1996 after relocating in Storey County 1994! 
I respect Arizona as a 2nd amendment supporter state and their requirements for a CCW permit is equal to all other states including Nevada..note: even thou Nevada voted to not recognize Arizona permits Arizona being first class still accepts Nevada.
I also find it a tad strange that Arizona permits are not accepted when Nevada's Constitution has a open carry clause(Law) no permit required. I have a current Arizona non resident permit, I keep it because it is cheaper and is accepted in more states than Nevada...yet mine is not valid in my home state! 
Question for Shawn will you fight to have Arizonas permits recognized in Nevada? 
Addemndum
 Addendum: I voted today 11/4 for Gerald Antinoro...Shawn Mahan never got back to me...however Gerald did and said he would bring up my concern at the next Sheriffs and Chiefs of Police meeting!
___________________________________________________________________________
 

Hello,
My name is Shawn Mahan.  I intend on being your next Storey County Sheriff.
Storey County residents are once again at a crossroad.  Another four-year term is ending and voters will be bombarded with confrontations about who the right candidates are. Personal and financial interests participate greatly in these influences.  The cycle of meeting in drinking establishments and conducting calculated endeavors to destroy others is at hand.  Unfortunately, candidate credentials are once again left at the roadside.
If you are new to the Comstock, this is a common occurrence.  Every four years anger and hostilities arise which focus on the previous candidate, the poor job they have done and how to replace them with a newer better model.  Elections then take place and new candidates are elected which continues the cycle.  If you are not new to the Comstock this will not come as a shock to you.  We need local stability.
My question to you is: Will you allow these harmful effects to control the Storey County Sheriff you elect?  Do you truly know your candidate and not believe what others are forcing you to believe?  Please make an informed decision when choosing this years Sheriff candidate.
You have the opportunity to break this cycle of dysfunction.   While we live in a grass roots community, we are truly on the world stage.  You deserve a sheriff with established character and genuine intentions.  Together, we can change these senseless ways and move towards making Storey County the bright and shining diamond it deserves to be.
Your vote for me supports untainted professionalism in promoting a positive image; developing constructive collaborations and demonstrating authentic care for Storey County citizens.  I believe in providing selfless service and look forward to delivering this product to you for many years to come.
My commitments to the communities and people of Storey County are genuine and recognized.  I understand the evolving needs of our region and can propel the Storey County Sheriff’s Office forward during theses challenging times.  As your elected Sheriff, I only aspire to serve you better.  I am a qualified local candidate who will make Storey County a better place to live, visit and raise your family.
See my 5 Point Leadership Transition Plan
See my Four Cornerstones of the Storey County Sheriff’s Office
Thank you for your time,
Shawn Mahan

No comments:

Post a Comment