Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Huckabee Vows to Leave GOP If It Doesn't Fight Same-Sex Marriage

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee (photo: Fox News).
oped: My suggest solution: http://sharlaslabyrinth.blogspot.com/2014/10/federal-appellate-courts-and-scotus-on.html

By Todd Beamon
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee threatened to leave the GOP and run for the White House in 2016 as an independent if Republicans "capitulate" and support same-sex marriage.

"If the Republicans want to lose guys like me, and a whole bunch of still God-fearing, Bible-believing people, go ahead and just abdicate on this issue — and go ahead and say abortion doesn’t matter, either," Huckabee told the American Family Association President Tim Wildom on his "Today's Issues" radio show. "Because at that point, you lose me, I’m gone."

"I’ll become an independent," he vowed in an interview on Tuesday. "I’ll start finding people that have guts to stand. I’m tired of this."

Huckabee's declaration came a day after the Supreme Court cleared the way for a huge expansion of gay marriage in as many as 30 states and the District of Columbia.


No comments:

Post a Comment