Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Wiseguy “Gets” Animals: Interview with Ken Wahl

 OpEd: Jack
Ken Wahl is a true patriot..speaks from his heart and addresses many issues on Veterans,animal rights,government failures and the failure of Hollywood to address the issues in a fair light! Kudos to Ken :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 by Jordan Carlton Schaul  

Ken Wahl is an award winning actor, writer, and director most known for winning a Golden Globe for the series Wiseguy. Wahl has starred in many movies, including, THE WANDERERS, PURPLE HEARTS, FORT APACHE THE BRONX with Paul Newman,  JINXED with Bette Midler, THE SOLDIER, THE FAVOR with Brad Pitt, DIRTY DOZEN II. After leaving WISEGUY to fulfill his movie commitments, he was forced to retire abruptly, due to a severe spinal injury in 1992 and continues to live with chronic pain.Ken found that rescued pets as companions are very therapeutic for his pain, and saving these rescued pets was even more rewarding. January 9, 2010 Ken agreed to help find a cat killer who glued a kitten to a highway. He generously offered his Golden Globe as a reward to help find the cat killer. The news went viral! http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/01/exclusive-ken-wahl-offers-golden-globe-catch-cat-killer

As a patriot, Ken’s main priority now is to help US veterans and rescued pets help each other.
The Barbi Twins sat down with Ken Wahl to talk about his animal charities and causes.

Barbi Twins:
Have you always loved animals? What was your first pet?
Ken Wahl:
Yes, I always loved animals. I’ve never lived without animals. As long as I can remember, I was bringing home strays. When I was five years old I brought home a stray kitten that I named Tiger. This was my first pet.
Barbi Twins:
As a kid did you want to have a career with animals or be an actor?
Ken Wahl:
Neither. I wanted to be a baseball player originally, and sort of fell into acting. But I always loved animals. Then, I discovered when I injured my spine, that these animals were actually very therapeutic and helped me to cope with my chronic pain.
Barbi Twins:
So why this crusade you want to do to help US veterans with saving rescued pets?
Ken Wahl:
I’m determined to help decrease the astonishing rate of suicide among our military, through what I’ve learned help me.  People have asked me to do a lot of things, but this is one area that I know worked for me and helped me to cope with my injuries. I’ve always respected the military and I’m grateful they give us our freedom. So I feel this obligation to help disabled vets with rescued pets, since the pets were always so helpful to me. And by them saving an innocent pet from being destroyed at a kill shelter, this also will make them feel better.
Barbi Twins:
I see you participated in a wild horse documentary, tell us about that and will you do more?
Ken Wahl:
I’m retired and unable to work due to my injuries. But, I made this exception to narrate AMERICA’S SAVING HORSES when I learned that horses were being slaughtered for an overseas profit, with our tax money. This is outrageous when most Americans don’t want this. And what is more American than our horses, which helped build our nation? Even if you don’t support animal rights, you must hate having your tax dollars wasted, when it doesn’t help anything. 

Barbi Twins: How can people help the horses or endangered wolves?
Ken Wahl:
Call your representatives in Congress and tell them you don’t want your tax dollars spent on slaughtering horses or wolves. This is our constitutional right to demand this.




No comments:

Post a Comment