Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

LTC Allen West Meets with Mike Pence on National Security and Al Gore Meets with Donald Trump to Talk Climate Change

alal 
I’m not sure that Trump Tower in New York City has ever had a day with more diverse visitors than it saw on Monday.
On Monday morning Col. Allen West (R-FL) was spotted entering Trump Tower to meet with Vice President-elect Mike Pence, Trump’s chosen National Security Adviser retired Lt. General Michael Flynn, and Deputy National Security Adviser K.T. McFarland to discuss national security issues. West made it clear that he was not offered a position within the administration but was simply being consulted about the future of American foreign policy.
“Nothing was offered. I mean, they know my reputation very well. I’m just a simple soldier and I’m the third of four generations that served this country going back to my father in World War II, and we still have a relative of ours that is continuing to serve in the Army now.”

Reporters also asked West for his thoughts about the competition to be the next Secretary of State, but West didn’t take the bait. He told the reporters that President-Elect Trump should choose whomever he’s most comfortable with, and that he himself is “just considering how I can best serve this country and through this administration.”
However, the conservative stalwart from Florida wasn’t the only high profile guest visiting the Trump team on Monday.
Former Vice President and Climate Change Crusader Al Gore was also a guest at Trump Tower on Monday. Gore had a scheduled conversation with the President-elect’s daughter, Ivanka, but he spent most of his time speaking with Mr. Trump himself.

“I had a lengthy and very productive session with the president-elect. It was a sincere search for areas of common ground. I had a meeting beforehand with Ivanka Trump. The bulk of the time was with the president-elect, Donald Trump. I found it an extremely interesting conversation, and to be continued, and I’m just going to leave it at that,” Gore told reporters afterwards.
Continue Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment