Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

What America really~really needs to do to get back on track

First and foremost a return to Happy Days...American Grafitti...when boys were boys..girls were girls no confusion...the word Gay meant happy go lucky not a sexual preference, being PC was not a issue... just expressing ones opinion was not considered tyranny/racist and or whatever ....when mentors had a sense of humor and not frowned upon...when kids respected authority and parents not some perverted teacher and or professor that had mental issues about life...when our flag ,military,and law enforcement officers were looked up to as being something great to follow!

I grew up during HappyDays...my mentor's were my parents and  WolfmanJack...where were you in 62' ? me last year of HS...in 1963 1st year of college...worked the summer as a non paid intern for KRLA as a call screener [hella fun job albeit no money sucked lol]...WolfMan Jack was so cool...no PC allowed said what he meant and meant what he said...with humor of course...at any rate I was thinking of a career in radio...however a draft notice 1964  woke me up...*Yikes* Uncle Sam needs you...oh well I dropped out of college and enlisted no deferment for me. I chose to serve rather than be drafted...at any rate after serving 1964-1968 US Army Cav I went on to a career in LE both local and federal...but I do wonder from time to time what my life would be had I chose a career path in radio...no matter I am a Happy 'retired' camper...and still express my opinions liked or not...ha

I could go on and on with my little diatribe about life...however I will just post two videos so as not to bore y'all too much...they shaped my path in life:)  enjoy and I hope ya get the drift!

Where were you in 62' ? https://youtu.be/OZ9Gp6Qc8LQ 

 

My Mentor: https://youtu.be/GnJXLwnWDxI



No comments:

Post a Comment