Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Jan Brewer Governor of Arizona..Calls it Christmas!



Dear Friends,

On Monday, I hosted the lighting of the Christmas Tree that is inside our Capitol building...and yes, I do call it a Christmas Tree!
In my first year as Governor, I issued an Executive Order that encourages the celebration of Christmas and Hanukkah and prohibits any censorship of these religious holidays. I encourage you to read and share the executive order with your family and friends by clicking here.
christmas
As you may know, in the past, state and local officials in Arizona (and elsewhere) have attempted to strip Christmas of its meaning, including establishment of policies forbidding state employees from placing religious items of celebration at their desks, and re-naming Christmas trees as “holiday” trees.

Under my administration, I call things what they are and will gladly allow Christmas be celebrated at the State Capitol. Please click here to go to my Facebook page and comment if you agree! I encourage my colleagues and fellow elected officials across the nation to do the same.

Yes, Merry Christmas everyone!

Sincerely,
jansig2
Jan Brewer
Governor of Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment