Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Allen West Thinks Romney’s VP Should Have Military Experience


According to Florida GOP Rep. Allen West, there’s something presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney ought to consider in a VP pick: military experience. The Huffington Post had the quotes:
“First time in 77 years there is a possibility that neither the sitting president and vice president, or the candidates for president and vice president have served in the military … and when I look at the number one title for president of the United States of America is commander in chief, that’s what concerns me,” West said.
West based his comments on what he sees as Romney’s need to fill the holes in his own resume with a running mate.
“I think that whoever Governor Romney is as a presidential candidate, he has to do his own self-assessment, self-analysis and understand ‘where are my weaknesses,’” West said. “Therefore, the person that I have running with me as my ‘fox-hole buddy,’ if I want to put it in military terms, they have to be someone that shores up where I see my weakness are so we can be a really strong command team, leadership team.”
Continue Reading on townhall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment