Pages

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Mika Brzezinski talks Melania’s personal life, FLOTUS issues firm statement condemning host’s words

Mika Brzezinski talks Melania’s personal life, FLOTUS issues firm statement condemning host’s words
by:
“Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzezinski spoke to InStyle magazine for an interview that ran on Friday and had much to say about first lady Melania Trump.
Out of the gate, Brzezinski claimed that she “knew” Melania, and opined that President Donald Trump’s wife has “the worst job in the world.”
InStyle spoke with Brzezinski and said, “You mentioned how you know Melania Trump [during an airing of ‘Morning Joe’]. Her campaign as the first lady surrounds cyber bullying.”

In response to the magazine’s comments, Brzezinski added, “I know Melania. I haven’t talked to her in months, but if my gut is right, I don’t think she’s going to put up with it much longer. I know nothing. That’s just my instinct and I go with my gut and my gut’s always right.”

“I’m just telling you, Melania’s got the worst job in the country and I don’t think she wants do it a lot longer,” Brzezinski added. “I think she will do it for as long as she has to for her son [Barron Trump], and that’s it.”  
Melania, in response to the allegations that she won’t “put up with it much longer,” issued a statement to The Daily Mail decrying the MSNBC host’s comments.
The statement from the Office of the First Lady read:
“It is sad when people try to further their own agenda by commenting on me and my family, especially when they don’t know me.”
During the InStyle interview, Brzezinski also trashed Trump for his tweets against her, which mocked her for reported plastic surgery.

When asked by the magazine how she explains how “something like this” happens to young women, Brzezinski said, “My daughters are adults, they’re 19 and 21. I think that they’re forming their own opinions. I say the same thing [to them that] I say on the show: I think [Trump’s] got a real problem with women, and that this presidency is a setback.”
“Women in the administration need to step up and tell him that they will not stand for the way he is treating women,” she added. “I think that also applies to men in the administration.”

The president came under fire on Thursday after he tweeted a tirade against the MSNBC personality and her co-host — and fiancee — Joe Scarborough, which read, “I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!”

No comments:

Post a Comment