Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

1958 vs 2012

by: Giacomo
A couple days ago, I posted a news item on Patriot Update – Obama Wants Your Birthday Presents.  The article was a report of how the Obama campaign is asking you to register with the Obama campaign like a bride registers with a store, so that your friends and family can give to the campaign instead of giving you birthday, anniversary and even wedding gifts.  The news item helps portray just how self-centered and narcissistic Barack Obama really is. 
I was reviewing some of the comments we received and found this one by Raymond1 to be an excellent comparison between our society today and fifty-four years ago in 1958.  Raymond1 gives us eight different scenarios and then accurately describes how they would have been handled in 1958 and how they are handled today.  The difference between the two time periods is striking and clearly demonstrates how far our society has degenerated.  In today’s culture, society trusts no one and treats everyone as if they are a psychotic deranged pervert just waiting to take advantage of anyone else.
Reading Raymond1’s scenarios made me remember so many things about the late 1950s and early 1960s and how life was so different.  Our teachers were not hesitant to use a paddle if it was needed.  My sixth grade teacher stood over six foot tall and had pitched for the New York Yankees.  I can tell you first hand that he still had a heck of a pitching arm as his swats physically lifted you off the ground.  Yet, no one accused him of abuse, rather he was well respected by both students and parents.

In 1958, my brothers and I were taught to respect other people and their property.  It wasn’t uncommon for a friend’s parent to discipline us if we behaved badly at their house.  Our parents thanked them instead of accusing them of abusing us.  I recall one instance when my brothers and I were at a friend’s house and my brother swore.  We were all still in grade school at the time and our friend’s mother slapped my brother and then washed his mouth out with soap.  When our parents found out, he got a spanking from my dad and then mom actually made him keep a bar of soap in his mouth for a couple minutes.  No one accused any of the adults of abuse as they believed the punishment fit the offense.

I remember when I was in high school, it was common for most pickup trucks to have gun racks in the back window and many of those racks held hunting rifles, especially during deer hunting season.  No one thought anything about the guns in the trucks whether they were parked at a school, grocery store or outside a bank.  I also never heard of anyone breaking into the trucks to steal the guns.
Not only did we not wear safety helmets and knee pads when riding our bikes, but we often rode with no hands on the handlebars.  We climbed trees and fences, ran on railroad tracks and played chicken with trains.  We played baseball and football in the street and it wasn’t uncommon to end up with scrapes and cuts.  Whose ever parent was near at the time, would come to our aid, clean the wound and if need be, carry us back to our own house.  They were thanked for helping out and never accused of molesting us.

In fifth grade, I swatted a girl on the butt and ran like crazy to keep her from catching me.  It was one of those dare things that boys did back then.  The teacher gave me swats and that was the end of it.  Reading Raymond1’s scenarios below, I believe if that had happened today, I would have been accused of sexual molestation and carried the label of being a sexual predator for the rest of my life.
As a kid in school, I had chronic bronchitis twice a year.  I would carry my medicine and cough syrup with me to school and the teachers often helped me with the cough medicine.  Today, a student almost has to get an act of Congress in order to take their medicine to school with them.
If a kid was fair skinned and needed suntan lotion, he would take a bottle of Coppertone with him to school. 
Teachers would help apply it to their faces and back of the neck and shoulders (and there weren’t any sex charges filed against the teacher).  Today, I just read about the case of two sisters in Tacoma, Washington who went on a field trip to the local zoo.  They were not allowed to take sun screen or apply it and they came home so sun burned that their mother rushed them to the emergency room.  One of the girls has a form of albinism which makes her extra sensitive to sun light.  In the report, I found that California is the only state that allows students to take sun screen to school.  All other states have banned sunscreen because some kids are allergic to the contents in the sun screen.  So protect those with allergies, they endanger others that are sensitive to sunlight.  It’s a proven fact that sunburns in youth makes one more prone to developing skin cancer later on in life.

read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/5833/1958-vs-2012/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment