Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Wow: Even This Uber-Liberal Hollywood Actress Doesn’t Like Obama Anymore

Maggie-Gyllenhaal cropped
by
Although Hollywood star Maggie Gyllenhaal has been reputed to be a major supporter of President Barack Obama, cheering him on throughout both the 2008 and 2012 elections, it seems her admiration for him has dissipated.
“I really believed in him,” Gyllenhaal said in an interview with Time Magazine, “and I’m not sure what he believes in anymore.”
She explained that she began to feel this way when the events of the NSA scandal unfurled. She was “really disappointed” with how Obama handled the situation, saying he wasn’t “aggressive enough.”

“I still somewhere, I route for him, I hope for him one day I think he’s gonna come out and stand up for all the things he promised he was gonna stand up for, but I feel a little hopeless right now,” she added.
Via CNN:
“Look, I get it, I know. It’s a complicated job. I could never do it. But I hope for a leader who will stand up and be unpopular,” she said.
In addition to her work as a prominent Obama campaign surrogate, records show Gyllenhaal donated $5,800 to Obama in 2008 and 2012 cycles combined.
It seems despite Hollywood’s track record for being among Obama’s greatest fans and financial backers, not everyone in the entertainment industry is on the same page as the President anymore.
This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Informing And Equipping Americans Who Love Freedom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment